What is Outside Insight?
Organizations with in-place innovation systems, and those that innovate more informally, recognize the value of “outside insight”. These are external efforts to produce new thinking, unencumbered by an attachment to existing products, operations and organizational culture. Companies that invest in outside insight embrace the potential of making a quantum leap by adopting a method of stimulating alternative thinking. BrainReactions’ contribution to innovation is a proven external BrainReactions brainstorming process that offers fast infusion of new possibilities for products, processes and promotion.
BrainReactions’ professional idea generators generate a plethora of good ideas because they:
- Have no constrains on expressing fresh ideas and unusual perspectives or opinions.
- Perform under the pressure of time constraints and feed off the energy of the group.
- Are not biased and have no personal stake, positions, reputation or agenda to defend.
- Are not inhibited by organizational culture; nor are subjected to judgment of peers or superiors.
- Bear no risk of reward or retribution if a particular idea becomes a reality.
- Are not responsible to implement programs or products.
BrainReactions brainstorms can be an integral part of a system that purposefully solicits, evaluates and acts on input from R&D, market research, internal think tanks and outside experts.
In addition to live, facilitated brainstorms, BrainReactions offers an online brainstorming service called BrainReactions.net. BrainReactions.net uses brain-writing to accomplish time and location-independent inside as well as outside idea generation, to serve smaller organizations, to solicit ideas form specially selected closed communities and for special applications of larger organizations. It is unlimited in scalability. Our Idea Generation Workshops teach idea generation techniques and how to integrate them into an innovation process.